Telehealth. The Public Health & Virtual Shadowing Course
Learn about Public Health while virtual shadowing Health Professionals from Low-Middle Income Countries (LMICs) during four weeks. Watch real clinical consultations and medical cases, and understand how health systems work outside the US, broadening your knowledge and challenging your preconceptions! Plus get 13 medical shadowing hours.
“I learned quite a lot through this course.
It opened my eyes to how healthcare is distributed, the cultural differences in patient-doctor relationships, limitations of the patients and doctors, how COVID-19 is handled, and what telehealth is really like”.
– Tal Saadia, George Mason University
To review more testimonials, click here.
What you will receive.
- Introductory orientation videos on public health, health care systems in Latin America, biosafety guidelines and country profiles from DR, Guatemala and Perú.
- 15 videos of actual consultations in Guatemala and the Dominican Republic*.
- 6 videos of Peruvian doctors explaining an interesting medical case they experienced during their career.
- A live question and answer session with a doctor regarding the consultations observed.
- *2 Dental Consultation/Classes from the Dominican Republic
Check a TeleHealth schedule sample here.
Global Partners. Global Movement.
VAW Global’s TeleHealth programs give professionals from LMICs the opportunity to share their expertise on a global scale. Our global partners in telehealth are local physicians who practice in their communities. Too often, professionals from LMICs are not included in conversations about healthcare and their voices are rarely listened to when policy is made. VAW Global’s Telehealth program is giving physicians around the world opportunities to present medical cases, have their voices heard, and be a part of a global movement.
Together we can fund access to equitable healthcare around the world.
Why the VAW Global Telehealth Program is important and unique?
Medical School Application?
If you would like to include this program in your Medical School or PA Application you can put our CEO Mark Stanley as the person to contact. You will also get a Course Completion Certificate for 13 CEC Hours, once you finish and submit your Reflection Report.
Telehealth Introductory Course for Groups!
If you are a group of students interested in signing up for the Telehealth Introductory Course, please use the GROUPS Sign UP Form and get a special deal for your team.
If you have more questions, please visit our Telehealth FAQs