The information on this form will be sent directly to the VAW Global Site Outreach Coordinator in the Host Country in order to make the coordination on site for your airport pick up. Please carefully input all of your information exactly as it appears in your passport and airline ticket.
Please note that you can travel from any airport that you wish to in the US or other country, the same for your way back at the end of the internship. However, there are specific airports where you must arrive/depart in the host country.
Also note that if you don’t arrive/depart on the date and time frame specifically set for your team, you will be responsible to arrange and cover your own transportation to/from the airport to the host community as well as your housing accommodations for those days outside the program dates.
Please, make sure you review your VAW Global Outreach Internship Trip exact dates prior to purchasing your tickets to avoid any mistake. Remember VAW Global is not responsible for your arrival in the Host Country, only to pick you up/drop you off from the airport. Be alert when you coordinate your airfare.
VAW GLOBAL TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Information for booking your flight to the VAW Global Sites:
- You should arrive at the VAW Global site on the date and time frame specifically set for your team.
- You should depart from the VAW Global site on the date and time frame specifically set for your team.
- You should travel to/from the designated in-country airport.
PANAMA SPECIFIC TRAVEL GUIDELINES
- You must fly to/from Tocumen International Airport located in Panama City.
- You must arrive at Tocumen International Airport between 6:00 am to 8:00 p.m. (Ideal before 12 pm)
- You must depart from Tocumen International Airport between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The VAW Global program takes place in Bocas del Toro, Panama and the group will be arriving/departing from Panama City, Panama. From Panama City, you will take an approximately 1-hour flight to Isla Bastimentos, Bocas del Toro.
- You can purchase your domestic flights on the AirPanama website (https://airpanama.com/), remember you must book your flight from PAC airport to BOC a day after your arrival at Panama City, and on your way back, you must book your BOC-PAC flight a day before your international return flight.
- You will need to transfer airports in Panama City (covered by VAW Global) in order to arrive at the domestic airport and take the flight to Bocas del Toro.
- You must keep VAW Global Officers and On Site Coordinator & Assistant aware of any flight change you have prior to your trip.