The information on this form will be sent directly to the VAW Global Site Outreach Coordinator in the Host Country in order to make the coordination on site for your airport pick-up. Please carefully input all of your information exactly as it appears in your passport and airline ticket.
Please note that you can travel from any airport that you wish to in the US or other country, the same for your way back at the end of the internship. However, there are specific airports where you must arrive/depart in the host country.
Also note that if you don’t arrive/depart on the date and time frame specifically set for your team, you will be responsible to arrange and cover your own transportation to/from the airport to the host community as well as your housing accommodations for those days outside the program dates.
Please, make sure you review your VAW Global Outreach Internship Trip exact dates prior to purchasing your tickets to avoid any mistakes. Remember VAW Global is not responsible for your arrival in the Host Country, only to pick you up/drop you off from the airport. Be alert when you coordinate your airfare.
VAW GLOBAL TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Information for booking your flight to the VAW Global Sites:
- You should arrive at the VAW Global site on the date and time frame specifically set for your team.
- You should depart from the VAW Global site on the date and time frame specifically set for your team.
- You should travel to/from the designated in-country airport.
GUATEMALA SPECIFIC TRAVEL GUIDELINES
- You must fly to/from La Aurora International Guatemala Airport located in Guatemala City.
- You must arrive at La Aurora International Guatemala Airport between 8:00am to 3:00 p.m. VAW Global does not allow interns to arrive later than 4:00 p.m. due to safety reasons.
- You must depart from La Aurora International Guatemala Airport between 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. VAW Global does not allow interns to depart earlier than 11:00 a.m. unless you plan to spend the night before in Antigua.
- You must keep VAW Global Officers and On-Site Coordinator & Assistant aware of any flight change you have prior to your trip.
Guatemala Flight Information: Winter 2023