Team Leader Recruiter
- We are looking for Team Leader Recruiters to be in charge of recruiting new Outreach chapters at universities around the world. You will recruit new Team Leaders at universities. This is a part-time telecommute position that will be tracked with weekly goals that lasts. It is twice yearly position (you can participate in just one recruitment season or multiple): June 15 to October 30 (summer recruitment) and December 15 to February 28 (winter recruitment).
- The most important quality is to be a self-starter. Though you will have constant access to the staff of Volunteers Around the World for guidance, much of the work will require you to be self-motivated as you will not come into an office. Therefore, what you produce is how we measure your productivity.
- It is important that you feel comfortable in a leadership role and are a very outgoing and social person. You will need to present VAW Global’s aspirations to students, university faculty members and others, so you will need to feel comfortable articulating ideas and talking to strangers.
- The job consists of doing online recruitment. You will be provided with a university/territory list. Research universities within your recruiting territory, initiate contact with students and faculty members and recruit and develop new VAW Global Outreach chapters.
- You will be responsible for getting interested Team Leaders to fill out the online application. Once the complete the Team Leader application, their assigned TDC will take over with the interview and development process (if hired),
- Time commitment: the amount that you put into this position is the amount that you will get out of it. One of the most important qualities is to keep all of your online logs up to date and to know when to seek advice. You will have weekly group meetings with your supervisor and colleagues to be trained on new items as well as share ideas. Your progress will be tracked by keeping your online logs and notes up to date, which will be submitted to your supervisor along with a progress report on a weekly basis.
- 10-20 hours per week during recruitment season
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Access to a computer and smartphone
- Access to a stable and regular internet connection
- Experience with using Google Drive, Word and Excel
- Experience with using Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp
- Open and consistent communication with teams, supervisors and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills – a lot of the job is focused on emails, Whatsapp message and advertisement postings
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and learning types – the vast majority of communication is done via email, text message and phone calls/Google Meet. Therefore, being able to read people and know how to present materials in different ways is very important to ensure the success of your teams.
- Excellent organization and time management skills – you will create your own schedule and be expected to meet weekly recruitment goals. It is up to you to utilize the materials provided to make sure everyone receives the necessary and correct information. Keeping your logs and reports up to date is key for making sure you are on track.
- Self-motivated and independently motivated – you will be given the resources and tools to be successful. It will be up to you to apply these items and create your own volunteer network for year to year success.
- Goal oriented – broad goals will be outlined by your supervisor. It is up to you to make sure you achieve these goals in a timely manner.
Compensation is commission based. Details will be discussed at the interview.
If you have already graduated and are you interested in being more involved with VAW Global, the Team Development Coordinator position might be right for you. TDCs also recruit new Team Leaders; however, they then work with them throughout the entire year to develop, train and prepare their teams for their Outreach trip. If you are interested in the TDC position, please email Briana Pinto-Sherlock (email@example.com) with your resumé/CV including 3 references.