Team Development Coordinator
- We are looking for Team Development Coordinators to be in charge of implementing, running and supervising new Outreach chapters at universities around the world. You will recruit and train Team Leaders at universities and help them raise a team to go abroad. This is a part-time telecommute position that will be tracked with weekly goals.
- The most important quality is to be a self-starter. Though you will have constant access to the staff of Volunteers Around the World for guidance, much of the work will require you to be self-motivated as you will not come into an office. Therefore, what you produce is how we measure your productivity.
- It is important that you feel comfortable in a leadership role and are a very outgoing and social person. You will need to present VAW Global’s aspirations to students, university faculty members and others, so you will need to feel comfortable articulating ideas and talking to strangers.
- The job has two main parts: recruitment and team development
- Recruitment – Research universities within your recruiting territory, initiate contact with students and faculty members and recruit and develop new VAW Global Outreach chapters.
- Team Development – Establish traveling teams of students, work with campus leadership to recruit team members, provide mentoring to members during the year and guide team fundraising and training events
- Time commitment: the amount that you put into this position is the amount that you will get out of it. One of the most important qualities is to keep all of your online logs up to date and to know when to seek advice. You will have weekly group meetings with your supervisor and colleagues to be trained on new items as well as share ideas. Your progress will be tracked by keeping your online logs and notes up to date, which will be submitted to your supervisor along with a progress report on a weekly basis.
- 1-1.5 hours per team per week + 10-20 hours per week during recruitment
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Access to a computer and smartphone
- Access to a stable and regular internet connection
- Experience with using Google Drive, Dropbox, Word and Excel
- Experience with using Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp
- Open and consistent communication with teams, supervisors and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills – a lot of the job is focused on emails, Whatsapp message and advertisement postings
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and learning types – the vast majority of communication is done via email, text message and phone/Skype call. Therefore, being able to read people and know how to present materials in different ways is very important to ensure the success of your teams.
- Excellent organization and time management skills – you will create your own schedule and be expected to develop and manage your teams. It is up to you to utilize the materials provided to make sure everyone receives the necessary and correct information. Keeping your logs and reports up to date is key for making sure you are on track.
- Self-motivated and independently motivated – you will be given the resources and tools to be successful. It will be up to you to apply these items and create your own volunteer network for year to year success.
- Goal oriented – broad goals will be outlined by your supervisor. It is up to you to make sure you achieve these goals in a timely manner.
Compensation is commission based. Details will be discussed at the interview. If you are interested in this position, email Briana Pinto-Sherlock (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your resumé/CV including 3 references.
Start date: immediate