We are supporting a transitional Refugee shelter in Lviv, a city in western Ukraine (around 70 kilometers from the border with Poland). This place is one of the last remaining large cities that remains somewhat safe.
- Shelter and beds for 35 people in Lviv, as well as offering a place for rest and recovery for the incoming refugees. We are hoping to expand these locations to be able to expand to other shelters.
- Food for about 1000 people per day at the train station.
- Support Local Doctors that are working night shifts at a makeshift medical clinic at the train station, to treat people who have traveled for 24 to 36 hours standing up in a train to escape the conflict areas and have developed new health concerns from the long trip or have exacerbated existing health conditions.
- Helping those same people move forward and out of Ukraine by arranging bus transportation to Romania. Mostly women and children traveling alone because the men and teen boys have to stay and fight.
- A bus with 25 people capacity cost of $300 for the trip to Romania.
If you have been wanting to help and aren’t sure how to get involved, this is a way to get funding to people on the ground that we personally know well, who are doing everything they can against an impossible situation. Click the donate button and help us support this cause.
If you would like a tax write off for your donation, email firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be managed through Humanitarian Social Innovations.