Volunteers Around the World (VAW) strongly encourages all volunteers to book their flight with VAW to ensure volunteer’s in-country safety. We understand that on occasion, however, volunteers prefer to book their own flight for a multitude of reasons.
This form provides VAW with the necessary information for understanding why you’ve chosen to book your flight independently as well as the basic details of your trip. Please note that you will need to send Volunteers Around the World your full, confirmed flight itinerary at least two months prior to your team’s departure.
Information for booking your independent flight for Vietnam:
1. You should arrive to Vietnam on the same date as your team
2. You should depart from Vietnam on the same date as your team
3. You should arrive to Vietnam before 8:00pm
4. You should depart from Vietnam after 9:00am
5. You should travel to/from the Ho Chi Minh/Saigon (SGN) airport in Ho Chi Minh City
6. A taxi from SGN to Can Tho costs approximately $100 USD each way; you will be responsible for covering the cost of this transportation since you are not traveling with the group
7. A $20 independent flight booking fee will be automatically added into the participant’s total trip amount due by the financial department when they submit their itinerary and e-ticket