VAW Global Health Alliances strongly encourages all interns to book their flight with VAW Global to ensure interns’ in-country safety. We understand that on occasion, however, interns prefer to book their own flight for a multitude of reasons.
This form provides VAW Global with the necessary information for understanding why you’ve chosen to book your flight independently as well as the basic details of your trip. Please note that you will need to send VAW Global Health Alliances your full, confirmed flight itinerary at least two months prior to your team’s departure.
Information for booking your independent flight for Peru:
1. You should arrive to Peru on the same date as your team
2. You should depart from Peru on the same date as your team
3. You should arrive to Peru between 5:00am-9:00pm
4. You should depart from Peru between 9:00am-11:00pm
5. You should travel to/from the Cuzco (CUZ) airport in Peru
6. A taxi from CUZ to Cusco costs approximately $15 USD each way; you will be responsible for covering the cost of this transportation since you are not traveling with the group
7. A $20 independent flight booking fee will be automatically added into the participant’s total trip amount due by the financial department when they submit their itinerary and e-ticket