VAW Global Health Alliances strongly encourages all interns to book their flight with VAW Global to ensure intern’s in-country safety. We understand that on occasion, however, interns prefer to book their own flight for a multitude of reasons.
This form provides VAW Global with the necessary information for understanding why you’ve chosen to book your flight independently as well as the basic details of your trip. Please note that you will need to send VAW Global your full, confirmed flight itinerary at least two months prior to your team’s departure.
Information for booking your independent flight for Guatemala:
1. You should arrive to Guatemala on the same date as your team
2. You should depart from Guatemala on the same date as your team
3. You should arrive to Guatemala before 1:00pm
4. You should depart from Guatemala after 1:00pm
5. You should travel to/from the Guatemala City (GUA) airport in Guatemala
6. A taxi from GUA to San Pedro costs approximately $120 USD each way; you will be responsible for covering the cost of this transportation since you are not traveling with the group
7. A $20 independent flight booking fee will be automatically added into the participant’s total trip amount due by the financial department when they submit their itinerary and e-ticket
Together we can fund access to equitable healthcare around the world.
Read more »