Volunteers Around the World (VAW) strongly encourages all volunteers to book their flight with VAW to ensure volunteer’s in-country safety. We understand that on occasion, however, volunteers prefer to book their own flight for a multitude of reasons.
This form provides VAW with the necessary information for understanding why you’ve chosen to book your flight independently as well as the basic details of your trip. Please note that you will need to send Volunteers Around the World your full, confirmed flight itinerary at least two months prior to your team’s departure.
Information for booking your independent flight for the Dominican Republic:
1. You should arrive to the Dominican Republic on the same date as your team
2. You should depart from the Dominican Republic on the same date as your team
3. You should arrive to the Dominican Republic between 5:00am-5:00pm
4. You should depart from the Dominican Republic between 10:00am-11:00pm
5. You should travel to/from the Santiago (STI) airport in the Dominican Republic
6. A taxi from STI to Jarabacoa costs approximately $50 USD each way; you will be responsible for covering the cost of this transportation since you are not traveling with the group
7. A $20 independent flight booking fee will be automatically added into the participant’s total trip amount due by the financial department when they submit their itinerary and e-ticket