Volunteers Around the World (VAW) strongly encourages all volunteers to book their flight with VAW to ensure volunteer’s in-country safety. We understand that on occasion, however, volunteers prefer to book their own flight for a multitude of reasons.
This form provides VAW with the necessary information for understanding why you’ve chosen to book your flight independently as well as the basic details of your trip. Please note that you will need to send Volunteers Around the World your full, confirmed flight itinerary at least two months prior to your team’s departure.
Information for booking your independent flight for Cambodia:
1. You should arrive to Cambodia on the same date as your team
2. You should depart from Cambodia on the same date as your team
3. You should arrive to Cambodia before 5:00pm
4. You should depart from Cambodia after 9:00am. You should travel to/from the Siem Reap (REP) airport in Cambodia
6. A taxi from REP to Siem Reap costs approximately $10 USD each way; you will be responsible for covering the cost of this transportation since you are not traveling with the group
7. A $20 independent flight booking fee will be automatically added into the participant’s total trip amount due by the financial department when they submit their itinerary and e-ticket